Tuesday 25 November 2014

My final design (Hair chart and doing the design on my practice head), contemporary images inspired and chosen Elizabethan portrait

Final design hair chart

On above, I have drawn my final design out and it is the combination of design 2 and 3 that I've done previously and also the pearls composition is what I've decided to use after I experimented on the previous blog post.

Book Reference - Hair: Fashion And Fantasy by Laurent Philippon Page 256
Photo - Greg Lotus/Art + Commerce
Hair - Laurent Philippon
Makeup -  Kabuki
Stylist - Sophia Neophitou
Publication: Vogue Italia February 2006

Hair: Fashion And Fantasy by Laurent Philippon Page 74-75
Photo- Barry Lategan/ Vogue
The Conde Nast Publications Ltd
Publication - Vogue UK July 1972

Those two images from above are the contemporary images which inspired me to complete my final design.
 
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7b/Elizabeth_I_(Armada_Portrait).jpg/603px-Elizabeth_I_(Armada_Portrait).jpg
The Armada Portrait
Sitter: Queen Elizabeth I of England
by an unknown artist
c.1588
Oil on panel

'The Armada Portrait' is the Elizabethan portrait that I've chosen for my final design inspiration.
 
Equipments:


  • Sectioning clips
  • Hair pins
  • Hair clips
  • U-shape hair pins
  • A hair straightener
  • A hair crimper
  • A paddle brush
  • A comb
  • A tail comb
  • Pearls pins
  • Padding x 2


On above, I have tried my final design on the practice head to show what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment