Tuesday 25 November 2014

Design 2


Design 2
Book Reference - Hair: Fashion And Fantasy by Laurent Philippon Page 256
Photo - Greg Lotus/Art + Commerce
Hair - Laurent Philippon
Makeup -  Kabuki
Stylist - Sophia Neophitou
Publication: Vogue Italia February 2006
 
The photo on above is the picture which inspires me to complete my design 2. The reason I choose it is because I like the shape of the hair and after I saw this photo on the book 'Hair: Fashion And Fantasy', it reminds me of 'The Armada Portrait' where Elizabeth's hair features a heart shape hairstyle and I can do an upside down heart shape for my design as well! The high forehead that the model has on the photo links to 'The Phoenix Portrait' and the Elizabethans as they thought the higher the forehead, the more intelligence you are. I also like how the hairstyle on the model is done by crimping techniques first, so to get patterns on the hair, make it more frizzy and then wrap around the padding. The frizzy hair also links to 'The Armada Portrait' as Elizabeth's hair looks frizzy at the front. All the techniques that has done on the model's hair link to what I've learnt in the lesson and it also related to the Elizabethans.The use of padding techniques and middle parting on my design link to 'The Armada Portrait'. On my design, I have also used four fishtail braids braiding down on top of the upside down heart shape and it related to the Elizabethans as plaits are one of the common hairstyles during that period of time. 
 
Equipments:
  • Hair pins
  • Hair clips
  • Sectioning clips
  • Padding x 2
  • A paddle brush
  • A tail comb
  • A comb
  • A hair crimper
I like how the appearance of my design looks elegant and  how I used fishtail braids braiding down on top of the hairstyle which makes the hairstyle more interesting and add details to it. I like the idea of creating smooth texture and I think it looks more unique. First, I have crimped the bottom part of the hair first, separate the hair into two parts, place the padding in the middle and secure it onto the hair and wrapped the hair around the padding nicely. After that, I have put the layer of straight hair over the crimped hair and cover them to give a smooth, straight finish at the back of the hair. The back of my design meant to be an upside down heart shape and on the photos above, you can see the upside down heart shape  clearly but in order to make the shape more stand out, I should make a smaller padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment