Saturday 22 November 2014

Indira Schauwecker's works

http://www.thetrendspotter.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Indira-Schauwecker_hair2.jpg

Indira Schauwecker is an international artistic director at Toni & Guy and she is a hairstylist as well. The photo above are her works which has won the 'Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year' award in 2012. It links to the Renaissance fashion as the use of lace ruff collars on the model's neck and the use of white on the dress related to the Elizabethans ( the colour white symbolised purity, religious and wealth). Both models' hairstyles on the photo feature plaits and frizzy hair. Plaits and frizzy hair are one of the common hairstyles during the Elizabethan era. I like how Schauwecker used plaits to create different shapes and I think the appearance of her works are amazing. On the hairstyles above, I like how there are gaps in between the strand of hair which make the designs more eye-catching and for me, I think the shapes look like hand fan. I also like the texture of the hairstyles and it inspires me that I can create my designs by trying different shapes and textures and how to be more creative with using plaits on my designs.

Website reference:
The trend spotter (November 20, 2013), Art in Fashion | Nadine Goepfert | Comme Des Garçons | Indira Schauwecker, Indira Schauwecker [Online], Available at:
http://www.thetrendspotter.net/2013/11/art-in-fashion.html

No comments:

Post a Comment