Sunday 23 November 2014

Design 1


Design 1


http://static.bbc.co.uk/history/img/ic/640/images/resources/people/elizabeth_i.jpg
Book reference: Hair: Fashion And Fantasy by Laurent Philippon Page 48
'Fox Photos/Hulton Archive/Getty Images'
 
My design 1 ideas are inspired by the image above which I saw in the book 'Hair: Fashion And Fantasy' and the hairstyle was created for debutantes for presentation at court in London in the 1950s. It links to 'The Armada Portrait' because the use of curl shape on the hair and I like how unique it looks. The curl shape looks like a flower which makes the style look feminine and is what I want to show on my design. As on 'The Armada Portrait', Elizabeth's hair features small frizzy curls and so on my design, I have created many curls shape and they set closely to each other. I have used a fish tail braid which links to the Elizabethans as they braid their hair as well. The use of ribbon on my design is also one of the decorations they used in the Elizabethan era. The reason I have painted the ribbon red is because I want to show power like Elizabeth in 'The Armada Portrait' who pose confidently and looks powerful.

On below are the photos that I've taken after I have done the design on my practice head.

Equipments:
  • U-shape hair pins
  • Hair clips
  • Hair bobble
  • A Hair tongs
  • A comb
  • A tail comb

No comments:

Post a Comment