Tuesday 2 December 2014

Practicing Mihaela's final design in lesson

Equipments:
  • An apron
  • Sectioning clips
  • Hair clips
  • Hair pins
  • A padding
  • A hair crimper
  • Hair extension
  • Flowers x 5
  • A paddle brush
  • A comb
  • A tail comb
  • A hair bobble
  • Hair spray
 
Thoughts about the practice:
I'm impressed about the final appearance of my partner's design that I've done during lesson. This is the first time I have tried to do the bun shape at the back of her head. Because her hair is very short at the back, so I have tried my best to hide the hair extension. As I'm backcombing the inside bits of the hair extension to create the bun shape, I found it really difficult to do it because the extension's hair go really hard and isn't smooth and flat. I have asked my partner about this and she told me to just backcomb the hair inside which I've done and comb the hair at the top, but still some bits of hair still not smooth as you can see the photo from above. Also this time, she asked me to put flowers on the bun for her design as well. In order to improve next time, I should do the hairstyle faster and I have decided to crimp the hair first on the final assessment day before getting started (Preparation time) as there are many techniques used on the hairstyle which I think I will run out of time. This time, I have hair spray the front part of the hair, then comb it and compare to the practice that I've done on the previous blog post, this time, it looks better and it looks more neat than last time as well. As my partner has really short hair and it's difficult for me to wrap around the padding, I have clips the hair onto the padding and secure it. On this practice, I found the most difficult parts are that as my partner has washed her hair on that day, her hair is very smooth, soft and also because she has short hair, it makes me more difficult to French braiding the hair and also divide the hair into sections. So I have told her not to wash her hair on the assessment day, as I need to spend more time on doing the hairstyle and also very difficult for me to complete the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment