Thursday 4 December 2014

Final Evaluation

After doing researches on modern hairstyles which links to the Elizabethans and also the techniques learnt from the lessons, it helps me to understand more and give me ideas of how to create my designs. By developing my research, I’ve created three designs and  tried them on the practice head to see what works well and what doesn’t.  Then, I’ve developed my final design further by experiment with different compositions (e.g. decorations and hairstyles). After practicing the hairstyles during and outside the lesson, it helps both of us to sort out problems, communicate, get to know about each other's design and I've adjusted my design for my partner. In order to improve, I think she can demonstrate her design on the practice head, so I will know what I need to do clearly rather than asking her friends to explain and demonstrate on her head. I'm happy about the appearance that I've done for Mihaela's final design and also impressed about the hairstyle that Mihaela created of my design. I found the most difficult part during the assessment was to backcomb the hair for the bun as the more I backcomb it, the more it went tangle, but at the end, I managed to complete the look successfully. After many practices, I think it worth because I have managed to complete the hairstyle, worked successfully on her hair brief and my techniques have improved. I think it is interesting to be the role of hair artist, creating my partner's design and I've learnt new techniques such as attaching the hair extension. I feel I have created a combination of traditional Elizabethan look and a contemporary style which fits in the topic ‘Redheads and Royalty’.         

No comments:

Post a Comment