Sunday 12 October 2014

Project Brief

My initial thoughts about the first project 'The Redheads and Royalty' is learning the historical backgrounds of the Elizabethans era and research the hairstyles used at that period of time. For this project, I will also research different paintings and texts to understand the various hairstyles, hair colours from the Elizabethan women and looking at how their hairstyles link to their age, class and society status. Before I started to research things in the Elizabethans era, I do know a fact that they like to use pearls on their hairstyles because it was a symbol of purity.
I'm looking forward to this project because I will be designing a hairstyle for myself while my partner will apply the design look on me. Same as my partner, she will be creating her own design and I will apply the look on her. Also, I can't wait to learn new skills about doing hairstyles as I haven't done any work on other people's hair before.

No comments:

Post a Comment